Are you looking for a tea kettle for your new induction cooktop?
A secret lies within a good cup of tea, a secret that mankind has been aware of for thousands of years. The earliest scientific evidence of the use of tea as a drink dates back to 59 BC, but scientists and historians alike believe that it may have been used as a drink for thousands of years before them.
See Also: portable induction cooktop reviews
Induction cooktops themselves are unique, as they require a very specific type of cookware. Choosing a tea kettle for this type of use can be difficult, so we are going to help you learn how to choose between the best tea kettles and the worst.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualified purchases made on our website. If you make a purchase through links from this website, we may earn a small commission from Amazon and other similar affiliate programs. You can read our terms of service.
Best Tea Kettle For Induction Cooktops Review 2023
|Top Top Top||Tea Kettle - Stainless Steel Whistling Teapot with Capsule Bottom and Mirror Finish, 2.75 Quart Tea Pot - Stove Top Tea Maker Infuser Teapots Strainer Included (Single Handle)||PrimeEligible||Check Lowest Price|
|Top Top Top Top||Chef's Secret 2.75-Quart T-304 Stainless-Steel Tea Kettle, a Powerfully Conductive Boiling Vessel with a Copper Center Capsule Bottom||PrimeEligible||Check Lowest Price|
|Top Top Top||All-Clad E86199 Stainless Steel Specialty Cookware Tea Kettle, 2-Quart, Silver||PrimeEligible||Check Lowest Price|
|Top Top Top||OXO BREW Uplift Tea Kettle, Brushed Stainless Steel||PrimeEligible||Check Lowest Price|
|Top Top Top||Zell Stainless Steel Tea Coffee Kettle, Gooseneck Thin Spout for Pour Over Coffee, Works on Gas, Electric, Induction Stovetop for Fast Water heating | 47 oz (1400 ml)||PrimeEligible||Check Lowest Price|
Key Features to look for:
- Easy to pour spout (non-drip)
- Easy to clean
- Magnetic base (induction ready)
- Large enough to make tea for everyone
Here are my top 5 picks for the best tea kettle for induction cooktops.
1. Willow & Everett Tea Kettle
- Durable: Our high-quality stainless steel tea kettle can withstand rust, dents, scratches & more. Its robust design ensures it not only performs well, but that this attractive stove top kettle is built to last.
- Whistle While You Work: Compatible for both gas & induction, this smart stovetop kettle is made from an advanced system of 5 layers of stainless steel, iron & aluminum that heats up rapidly. So, relax - our kettle will pipe up when its time to pour.
- Savor The Flavor: Accompanying your whistling stove kettle is a stainless-steel tea infuser. Perfect for a single cup, unlock the health benefits of loose-leaf tea while reducing your teabag waste. With our premium infuser, you wont be bitter.
- Superior Design: With its shiny mirror finish, spring-loaded lever & non-slip, ergonomic heat-resistant handle, our stovetop tea kettle really has it all. Attractive & practical, it offers the best of both worlds with effortless style & substance.
- Safety: Our stainless steel tea kettles are made with strictly high-quality materials. We dont take risks with your health & neither should you. Thats why we ensure there are no hidden nasties in our products. Our kettles put the t(ea) in safe
Willow & Everett are a brand that believes in the principle of the kitchen being the heart of any home, a place where numerous people can gather around and talk in peace. This can immediately be seen in the Willow & Everett Tea Kettle, which boasts a large capacity of 2.75L.
One of the things that you already know that you have to take into consideration when purchasing a tea kettle for an induction cooker is the material, and this particular kettle delivers on that. It is made out of surgical-grade stainless steel. Stainless steel is known to be very durable, requiring a minimal amount of maintenance. It is worth noting that stainless steel is also very resistant to rust, unlike a number of other materials.
The material itself is also known to be magnetic, meaning that it would be perfect for use with an induction cooktop. The magnetic attraction that occurs between the cooktop and the tea kettle enables the actual tea kettle to generate the heat that is necessary to brew the tea, with none of the additional risk that comes with a cooker that is hot for a large period of time while it cools down.
Tea Kettle – Surgical Whistling Teapot with Capsule Bottom and Mirror Finish, 2.75 Quart Tea Pot – Stove Top Tea Maker Infuser Teapots Strainer Included
The base of the kettle itself actually utilizes numerous different types of metal to ensure that this kettle works perfectly on induction cooktops. These metals include iron, steel, and aluminium. This enables the water in the kettle to boil quickly, and the sheer size of the kettle ensures that the contents of the kettle stay warm for quite a long time after the kettle has been boiled.
Willow & Everett have also made the smart design to ensure that this kettle is 100% BPA/Teflon-free. A lot of companies still include BPA (a type of industrial chemical) in the products that they create, even though it was proven to have the potential to be dangerous years ago. Research has successfully proven that BPA can seep into the foodstuffs that are exposed to it. Teflon is also dangerous, as it can release fumes when it is heated to a high temperature.
All in all, the Willow & Everett Tea Kettle offers a mixture of productivity, durability, and aesthetic appeal. It is large enough to brew a good amount of tea at any given time. The stainless steel that it is made of is highly durable. It also looks stylish enough to fit in among different types of kitchen décor, featuring a shiny mirror finish and a non-slip black handle.
2. Chef’s Secret KTTKC Surgical Steel Tea Kettle
- A 21ST CENTURY TEAKETTLE: The Chefs Secret 2.75-quart T-304 Stainless-Steel Tea Kettle with Copper Center Capsule Bottom is a marvel of futuristic engineering that helps you rapidly brew your favorite nourishing beverages.
- SOPHISTICATED CRAFTSMANSHIP: Designed with robust thermal conductivity that allows boiled, hot and warmed liquid to hold temperature longer than in conventual ceramic or glass teapots, our elegant tea kettle draws the eye with a gleaming mirrored-finish.
- INNOVATIVE ENGINEERING: Featuring a powerful 4-layered T-304 stainless-steel cauldron construction, our cutting-edge teakettle is a heavy-duty steaming vessel that heats quickly and evenly-boiling water incredibly quickly.
- THOUGHTFUL PRACTICAL DESIGN: Utilizing a riveted handle, heat-resistant hand grip, lid with a heat-resistant knob-handle and strategically-placed opening lever that keeps fingers away from steam, our sleek teakettle offers a lifetime of reliable use.
- MODERNLY DECORATIVE KITCHEN TOOLS: Chefs Secret creates modern kitchen tools and functional accessories that are practical yet so remarkably beautiful that youll want to own every single one of t
The Chef’s Secret KTTKC Surgical Steel Tea Kettle has the potential to work perfectly with absolutely any level of induction cooker, as it features a mixture of both stainless steel and copper.
The copper itself can actually be found in the form of a disc in the centre of the base of the kettle. Copper is a good material to use in this situation, as it is known to heat up quickly while being used with an induction cooker.
This single quality can save you a ridiculous amount of time in the kitchen. A highly magnetic metal works quickly with any induction cooktop, while a non-magnetic metal will not be capable of working at all. This means that stainless steel and copper are both metals that will work quicker than other products, as they are highly magnetic.
The Chef’s Secret KTTKC Surgical Steel Tea Kettle also features a riveted handle, making it extra easy to hold, even if you do have slippery hands. The handle itself is also made out of a heat-resistant material, matching the material of the knob that can be found on the lid of the kettle. It is also worth noting that the overhead handle has a built-in spring trigger, one that opens the lid of the kettle as soon as it is pressed.
One of the advantages of that the Chef’s Secret KTTKC Surgical Steel Tea Kettle can offer to the consumer comes in the form of a single safety feature.
The lever that opens the kettle itself has been strategically placed, ensuring that your hands don’t go anywhere near the steam that will come out of the kettle as soon as it is opened.
Related Topic: 6 Tips for clean your induction cooktop
Unfortunately, this kettle also comes with a few disadvantages. Most stainless steel kettles are relatively durable, but this particular one is prone to breaking down whenever it is left on a high heat for an extended period of time. Some kettles are also known to leak around the neck of the kettle, something that could potentially be dangerous given the situation.
3. All-Clad E86199 Stainless Steel Speciality Cookware Tea Kettle
- The All-Clad Kettle is beautifully designed and highly functional to efficiently boil water
- Comfortable, sloped handle is securely attached with stainless steel rivets
- Made from durable, high quality 18/10 stainless steel with a highly polished surface for easy cleaning
- The hinged spout cap whistles to alert when water is boiling and flips open for easy, smooth pouring
- Gas, electric, ceramic, and induction stovetop compatible. Limited lifetime warra
- All-Clad’s Stainless Steel Tea Kettle combines quality and durable craftsmanship for reliable performance
- Constructed from high-polished 18/10 stainless steel. Dishwasher safe
- Features an aluminum encapsulated base and tight fitting lid to help boil water more quickly
- Hinged cap flips open for easy pouring and whistles when water reaches a boil
- Handles are permanently secured with stainless steel rivets for secure pouring
- Gas, electric, ceramic, and induction stovetop compatible. Limited lifetime warranty
- All-Clad’s Gourmet Accessories combines quality and durable craftsmanship for reliable performance.
The All-Clad E86199 Stainless Steel Speciality Cookware Tea Kettle is a fantastic option for anyone that owns an induction cooker. The brand itself was established all the way back in 1971, and they are famed for producing professional bonded cookware for both avid home cooks and people that work professionally as chefs.
The All-Clad E86199 Stainless Steel Speciality Cookware Tea Kettle is known for combining a mixture of both material quality and skilled craftsmanship, ensuring the reliable performance of the kettle. All-Clad really believe in this, as the kettle itself comes with a limited lifetime warranty, they really do intend for it to last for a lifetime.
When it comes to materials, the outer shell that this kettle consists of is a single ply stainless steel construction that has a mirrored finish, while the base itself is bonded. This makes sure that the base can resist warping due to the heat that is produced, while also ensuring that this kettle will work perfectly well with any induction cooker.
All-Clad E86199 Stainless Steel Specialty Cookware Tea Kettle, 2-Quart, Silver
The outer shell itself has also been highly polished, to ensure that it can offer the consumer a high rate of stick resistance. Stainless steel is also a non-reactive metal, ensuring that any food that is exposed to the metal will not lose any natural flavor. The interior shell is quite different, as it includes a type of aluminium that aids even heat distribution.
The All-Clad E86199 Stainless Steel Speciality Cookware Tea Kettle also offers an additional level of durability and safety. The durability comes in the form of the stainless steel that it consists of. You don’t even have to worry about washing the kettle by hand, as it is 100% dishwasher safe.
The safety aspect comes in the form of the fill line and whistle, because a fill line indicates just how much water you can boil safely, and the spout whistles while the water is boiling.
4. Quickone Takei Energy-Saving Fuefuki Whistle Kettle
- Country of origin: Japan/Tsubame
- Ih induction heating cooker 2v/1v correspondence, full-of-water capacity/2.5L aptitude capacity /1
Japanese creations are known for their quality craftsmanship, and the Quickone Takei Energy-Saving Fuefuki Whistle Kettle is no different. The kettle itself was made by Takei-Kibutsu Co., a small stainless steel manufacturer based in Niigata, Japan.
The quality of the Quickone Takei Energy-Saving Fuefuki Whistle Kettle is immediately evident upon viewing it, as the stainless steel has been polished a high amount to make it shine brightly. The design of the kettle itself also makes it look a lot more expensive than it actually is, a trait that a lot of consumers are known to like.
Stainless steel is known to work well with induction cookers. Added to that is the fact that the material works well with the shape of the kettle, working together to offer the user maximum efficiency. The kettle is wide opposed to being tall, making it much more stable and ensuring that the water inside of it boils and reaches ideal temperature quickly.
The Quickone Takei Energy-Saving Fuefuki Whistle Kettle features a maximum capacity of 2.5L, although you would never be advised to fill it up quite so much. 2.5L is enough water to successfully make around 3 generous cups of tea.
The whistle in the spout is both loud and high pitched, meaning that you would know that the kettle has finished from inside of another room in your home. The handle itself also has an additional feature, as it can fold down for easy storage.
5. POUR OVER Coffee Kettle
- PROFESSIONAL: Become your very own barista with our gooseneck kettle and hand-brew a clean, pure, and flavorful cup of Joe in minutes.
- TASTE: Unlock your coffees full flavor potential with our pour over kettle that will accentuate its intense flavors for a bold cup of coffee, every time.
- UNIVERSAL: Engineered with stainless-steel and a triple-bottom design, our goose necked kettle is designed for use on all stove tops - from electric, to gas, to your campfire. Our tea kettles are built to handle the heat!
- TEMPERATURE CONTROL: Crafted with a Borosilicate glass top, built-in premium temperature gauge, and gooseneck spout, our coffee kettle eliminates guesswork - so you can enjoy every sip with a smile.
- HOUSEWARMING GIFT: No matter the occasion, our kettle for pour over tea and coffee carafe makes a magnificent gift for the coffee connoisseur in your li
- Enjoy exceptional coffee at home. This kettle is the Lamborghini of the coffee world. ‘Won’t it make me look like one of those ridiculous hipsters?’ Nope, you’ll just be drinking better coffee and looking like a pro while you’re making it
- Engineered in premium-grade stainless steel with a gooseneck spout for steady water flow (essential for hand drip perfection). It’s the first kettle with a unique triple-layer base so it works on all stovetops and stays rust-free and safe for decades
- Burnt coffee makes everyone sad. When water is too hot it scorches your precious beans. Too cold and you’ll never reach the full flavor potential. The built-in temperature gauge eliminates guesswork and disappointment and delivers more smiles per cup
- Drink better coffee. Unlike the competition, we never compromise on quality, service or your happiness. Inferior kettles leak rust into your water over time – ours could outlive your kitchen. The search for coffee that makes you smile ends here
- Complete Peace of Mind – Thousands of customers trust us to deliver on quality and service. Our 100% satisfaction promise means we’re devoted to delivering maximum joy. Whether it’s a refund or just some friendly assistance we’re always there to help
Are you a tea drinker? You don’t have to rule out kettles of this nature just because you don’t like the traditional tea that goes inside of them. The POUR OVER kettle has been designed specifically for use with coffee, making it stand out from the crowd among an array of tea kettles for induction cookers.
Brewing tea can be quite challenging, as too much heat can easily burn the expensive tea leaves inside of your kettle, ruining your cup of tea. Luckily, this was thought about during the design process of this particular kettle, and it has been fitted with an accurate temperature gauge to eliminate all of your guesswork, and your heart ache.
The built-in thermometer is known to do a fantastic job of quickly adjusting to the internal temperature that is present inside of the kettle, quickly alerting you to the optimum temperature.
Coffee Gator Pour Over Kettle – Fixed Thermometer for Exact Temperature – 40 fl oz
The POUR OVER kettle is also made out of medical-grade surgical steel, so you should keep it away from any physicians! This type of stainless steel is perfect for use with a kettle, as it is incredibly durable and requires a minimal amount of maintenance. The base itself features a double layer, something that works quickly with induction cookers and keeps the bottom of the kettle rust free.
Unlike the other kettles that are featured in this review, the POUR OVER kettle is a little bit on the small size. It features a maximum capacity of just 1.2L, and the company themselves advise users to only fill the kettle to the 1L mark to avoid any potential over spilling while the kettle boils. Luckily, once this kettle has been taken off of an induction cooker it manages to hold its temperature for a relatively good length of time.
Can I boil water on induction?
An induction cooktop makes it possible to boil water in significantly less time than with traditional cooking surfaces, often taking as little as two minutes or even less, as opposed to the typical 5-8 minutes on traditional surfaces.
Is an induction kettle more efficient?
Induction kettles are more efficient than electric kettles, reaching boiling point faster and delivering water at higher temperatures. They are 85% energy-efficient.
Can you use a tea kettle on an induction stove?
When purchasing a tea kettle for use with an induction cooktop, it’s important to consider the material it is made of. Look for kettles made of stainless steel, or cast iron that is designed for use with induction cooktops.
In our opinion, the best kettle to be used with an induction cooktop would have to be the high-quality Quickone Takei Energy-Saving Fuefuki Whistle Kettle. It offers a number of factors to the consumer that are advisable to take into consideration.
For example, it is large enough to be used in a range of different environments and it looks aesthetically pleasing. It is also made out of stainless steel, a material that is perfect for use with induction cookers, and one that requires a minimal amount of maintenance. If you are making pour-over coffee, a gooseneck kettle is your best choice.
Try to remember all of the different factors that you need to take into consideration when you go to choose a tea kettle for an induction cooker. Most importantly, it has to be compatible. If the tea kettle that you are looking at is made out of a material that is not magnetic, then it simply will not work.
It also has to be large enough for your family, as a small kettle with a family of four that all like drinking tea would be disastrous. Last but not least, take your safety into consideration. Ensure that the kettle has been designed in a way that means no steam would be able to burn your hand while you pour.
Finally, remember to look out for the small ‘induction-friendly’ symbol that is currently becoming more common. It can usually be found on boxes and looks like a cross between a small coil and a zigzag.
Can you use stainless steel on induction?
While stainless steel is an excellent material for pots and pans, it’s important to note that not all stainless steel can be used on induction cooktops. If the bottom of your pan doesn’t have a magnetic base, then it won’t work on an induction stove top!
One question chefs might ask themselves when they’re considering induction cooktops: can I use stainless steel on my induction? The answer is yes.
What should you look for when choosing a tea kettle for an induction cooktop?
There are a number of different factors that you have to take into consideration whenever you are choosing a new product, and a new tea kettle is no different. The most important thing that you need to consider is actually whether or not it will be compatible with your cooktop.
Compatibility is really important when it comes to induction cooktops, because they work in a rather unique way. A single coil can be found under each of the different sections of the cooktop, and said coil reacts with any type of cookware that consists of a material that is magnetic.
The reaction that then takes place results in the cookware itself generating heat, opposed to the actual top of the cooker. People are known to burn themselves frequently on the tops of cookers, so induction cookers are gaining in popularity for getting rid of that risk.
You also have to take a number of other factors into consideration, including:
Do you plan on heating your warm drink up or brewing it?
Whether you plan on brewing your tea or warming it up is actually a really important thing to consider. Some tea kettles have been designed specifically for brewing tea, whereas others have been designed specifically for warming coffee up. It is best to follow the manufacturer’s advice with regards to this.
Is the tea kettle that you are looking at compatible with induction cooktops?
A few years ago, it was difficult to tell which tea kettles were compatible with induction cooktops and which ones weren’t.
Most tea kettles that are compatible with induction cooktops now feature a little sign on their box, the sign itself looks like a little zigzag. It is supposed to represent the coil inside of each of the sections on an induction cooktop.
How many people in your household drink warm drinks at once?
One factor that you might not initially think to consider is how many people in your household plan on having a warm drink at any one given time.
This is actually a really important thing to consider, as tea kettles that are made for induction cooktops can vary in size quite dramatically. You also have to consider whether or not you often have friends around for tea, and whether you would be happy putting the kettle on more than once.
What material is the tea kettle that you are looking at made out of?
The material that the tea kettle is made out of is the most important aspect to consider. You have to make sure that the material is magnetic, you can check this by making sure that a magnet is attracted to it.
Stainless steel and iron are both fantastic options that are worth considering, although there are a number of other options too.
What does the tea kettle that you are looking at look like?
The actual aesthetic appeal of a product is very important, but so is the practicality that it can directly offer you.
On one hand, you have to consider whether or not it will fit in with the décor that is present in your kitchen. On the other hand, you have to consider whether or not the way that it has been designed will adversely affect its practicality.
For example, kettles that are predominantly made out of iron are efficient at storing heat, while small kettles are known to lose heat quickly. Stainless steel kettles are also known to look after themselves, requiring very little along the lines of maintenance.